Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday: 7:00am to 12:00 Noon
For more information please visit the Rockland Green website.
Use of Clarkstown Transfer Station is permitted as follows:
Disposal of residential or commercial garbage or construction & demolition debris from any location or source. Tipping Fee required per ton net disposed, except tires.
- The Transfer Station is not permitted to accept or process industrial waste or hazardous waste. Hazardous waste includes Bio-hazardous waste (“red bag”), chemical hazardous, or radioactive waste (including low-level radioactive waste from patients under going radiation therapy).All transactions for disposal must be completed through the scale house. All fees are assessed at the scale house based on the net weight of the load. All vehicles entering must cross the scale. Please contact the Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority at 845-753-2200 for further information.
- All contractor’s should become familiar with Rockland County Health Department Sanitation Code Article 17. Separation of certain materials for disposal is now mandatory.
- All Clarkstown facilities are permitted and operated under New York State Department of Environmental Conservation regulation. Strict adherence to the regulations is mandatory.
- Refer to 6 New York Codes Rules and Regulations Part 360. Please take special note that the State’s tolerance for “contaminates” is zero percent.
Residents of the Town of Clarkstown: For disposal of leaves, grass clippings, brush or clean waste wood only, from Clarkstown residences. No fee.
County of Rockland Municipalities: For disposal of leaves, grass clippings, brush or clean waste wood only. No fee.
All Others: For disposal of leaves, grass clippings, brush or clean waste wood only. Required fees: See Solid Waste Facility for rates.
- Material not meeting the definition of yard waste or clean waste wood as found in 6 NYCRR Part 360 shall not be accepted. Plastic bags shall not be accepted from any source. Disposal of plastic bags is the responsibility of the customer.
- Loads shall be discharged as directed by Facility Attendant.